Microsoft today released a new Windows 10 Redstone 5 Build 17682 for Insiders enrolled in the Fast Ring. The latest build comes with improvements to Sets, wireless projection and more.
Microsoft is currently developing new features for its Redstone 5 branch which is scheduled to be released by the end of this year. As expected the latest Redstone 5 build contains fixes for the issues from the previous build along with new set of known issues as is expected.
- Microsoft fixed issues for the Business folks who were using AAD accounts and were unable to receive new flights.
- Insiders faced issues with some apps missing when right clicking on their icons in the taskbar. This issue has now been fixed in the latest Insider build.
- Insider team fixed issue with File Explorer showing blank icons for any UWP app. This has now been fixed and the File Explorer shows the icons correctly.
- Issues pertaining to Alt + Tab which showed duplicate entries has now been fixed in the latest build.
- Cortana crashing on the previous builds when asking to play music and ability to launch apps has now been fixed. The Digital Assistant no longer crashes when asked to play music.
- Scrolling to the end of clipboard using mouse wheel/touchpad had issues with previous flights, this issue has now been fixed.
- Insider team fixed issue where the wallpaper and app preview thumbnails were unexpectedly flipped.
- “Add a feature” page in Settings did not show any features in previous builds. This issue has now been fixed.
- Printing documents with text written using OTF fonts did not show up. This has now been fixed and users will be able to see the text.
- Apps failed to launch with error 0xc0000005 when antivirus software is installed on PC, this issue has now been fixed and users will be able to launch apps like before.
- Bluetooth accessories stopped working on certain touch capable devices periodically with previous builds. This issue has now been fixed and users will now be able to use all the Bluetooth accessories without any issues.
- Issues resulting in multiple Win32 apps and system components becoming unresponsive after waking from sleep in the last two preview builds has now been fixed.
As is expected with the Insider builds, there are lot of known issues with Mixed Reality Portal which Microsoft is currently working on which should be fixed in upcoming builds. Below is the list of other known issues.
- Insiders will face reliability and performance issues while launching Start. This should be fixed in the upcoming builds.
- Insiders may experience some bugchecks (GSOD) on this build with “Critical Process Died” error.
- Insiders with Surface Studio will not be able to update to this build with error “Your PC hardware is not supported on this version of Windows 10”. This issue should be fixed in the next build.
- Tiling and cascading windows, including features like “View Side by Side” in Word, will not work for inactive tabs.
We would request Windows Insiders on Fast and Skip Ahead Ring to go through the list of Known issues before updating to the latest Windows 10 build 17682 available to download by going to Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update>Check for Updates.