Tips for saving battery on Windows 10 laptop or tablet
Gone are the days when you were required to juice up your laptop or tablet battery frequently. For those who have upgraded their laptop to the latest OS or have purchased an all-new machine; we have a great news. Windows 10 comes with an astonishing feature called Battery Saver that can help users make the most of their device without worrying about battery issues.
To save the battery on laptop/tablet running Windows 10, follow the guide below:
- Go to Battery saver, which extends the battery of your laptop by limiting background activity and push notifications.
- Go to Settings app from the Start menu > System > Battery Saver
- The prompted screen will show you how much battery life your laptop is left with, along with its estimated remaining time. It will also prompt you with information on whether the feature is on or off.
2. Go to the Battery use option under Overview section.
- It will show you a list of currently open apps along with their battery usage. As per stats, you will be able to avoid the app that is grabbing more battery while you are not able to power up your laptop with ease.
- To get more information regarding a particular app, you can select the item and click Details. Moreover, you can limit its background activity if you are running short of battery.
3. Go back to the Battery use by clicking the arrow button on top-left corner.
4. Click change background app settings and select the app that can receive info, send notifications and keep up to date even while you are not using them. If you don’t need any particular app in the background, then turn that app off in order to conserve power.
5. Now navigate back by clicking the top-left arrow and choose Change battery saver settings.
Using this option, enable Battery Saver and select the battery level.
- The battery saver settings are configured at 20% by default, but you can set that ratio to a higher or lower percentage as per your convenience.
- You can also enable/disable ‘allow push notifications from any app while in Battery saver’ along with setting screen brightness.
- Within this window, you can also select ‘add an app’ to free it from this settings procedure and run as normal.
6. If you want more control on how your laptop manages the battery then head back to System settings and click Power & sleep. From here, you can set the time for how long your system can sit idle.
Simply select the number of minutes from the drop-down menu for Screen and Sleep and select the time when your laptop can take a nap.
7. Now click Additional power settings under related settings at the bottom of the Power and sleep screen.
From here, you can have more control over battery usage.
8. Along with using these tips, be sure to put a stop at various features like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and location services that lead to draining the battery, even when they’re not in use.
Therefore, Windows 10 has various options to save your system’s battery. Using these options, you can drastically improve the battery life of your device.