First thing you need to decide is your blog should be related to the service’s you provide or the cause you promote.
If you’re an individual, you have more flexibility with topic choice.
I already explained in detail how to Plan what to blog about, but the main things to remember are:
- Blog is about something you should enjoy writing.
- Blog is about something with plenty of room for discussion.
- Most importantly, choose a niche or topic in which you can establish yourself as a complete control in a particular.
- One of the most effective element or part is to Study, get full knowledge of the topic you write & share in your blog
The goal for any blog is to decide what niche or topic to share in His/her Blog.
The very first thing you need to do is find the niche or topic of your blog. By niche, in other mean finding a topic that your blog/page is going to be about. I hope you were not thinking that I would blog about every topic & make money. This doesn’t work now.
You might want to start of all trades, and want to start a blog on different topics, but it will not be effective, as people like to subscribe to a blog, which is a particular(Single topic).
(For Example, if you want to start a Blog on Technology Focus only on Technology, tech news, and Tech updates technical related things don’t mix with other Topic like Sports news in Tech blog)
Even from Google search engine point of view, a blog/website dedicated on a single topic ranks higher than multiple topics.
Now, the question is how can you find the topic/Niche of your blog? Here are few tips that will help you to get started:
Important steps before starting a blog, as it will help you to pick a certain topic that you are most passionate about.
- A good idea is to pick a topic that you usually read about. The topic which you read about all the time is something that interests you.
- Find a topic that you know Try to think about the topic that you mostly like to talk about, and you can comfortably talk about it for hours.
- Also, make sure you have a keen interest in a particular topic, and you can add values with your own insight and Own Experience
- For new bloggers, I always suggest to take help of pen-paper and write down the Main topics in different columns that you like. For ex: Blogging, SEO research, health care and so on. Now, try to write 20 post ideas for those different columns.
- When you are writing the post title, think about what you can write without taking reference. By the end of the few article, it will help you to find the topic (Niche) that you like the most.
Things to Avoid
1. Choose one Topic at a time most of the Time new Bloggers confused with topics and before completing one topic they will start another. Focus on topic at a Time
2. Don’t copy and paste from others Blog it will reduce flexibility and affects you ranking and traffic and violate copyright policies
3. Do not copy images from Google. Confused? You may ask from where do I get images. I have already written post FREE images for your blog posts Guide & Links