If your Windows 10 device has a pen or another type of stylus, you can customize what your pen does and how it works with your PC.
If you find yourself bumping the screen while using your pen, you may want to turn on the Ignore touch input when I’m using my pen setting to avoid potential issues.
This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to ignore touch input when using a pen for your account in Windows 10.
Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen in Settings
2. Click/tap on Pen & Windows Ink on the left side, and check (on) or uncheck (off – default) Ignore touch input when I’m using my pen for what you want on the right side. (see screenshot below)
3. You can now close Settings if you like. (see screenshot below)
Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen using a REG file
The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.
1 = On
3 = Off
This is the default setting.
5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.
6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.
8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.